You are hereHome › Advertising ›
- Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in taxonomy_breadcrumb_node_view() (line 70 of /var/www/html/sites/all/modules/taxonomy_breadcrumb/taxonomy_breadcrumb.module).
- Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in _taxonomy_breadcrumb_generate_breadcrumb() (line 117 of /var/www/html/sites/all/modules/taxonomy_breadcrumb/taxonomy_breadcrumb.inc).
Synapse is a free weekly newspaper, produced primarily by UCSF students and staff. An average of 2,500 copies are distributed at racks around the Parnassus and Mission Bay campuses, as well as satellite sites such as Mt. Zion Hospital, Laurel Heights, Mission Center and S.F. General Hospital. Synapse is the primary news source for the UCSF community.
Synapse is also available online at synapse.ucsf.edu. Web readership averages over 5,000 unique visitors per month
Banner Ad / Text Link Rate Guide
468 x 60 pixel (top of page) = $60 per ad/week
210 x 117 pixels = $40.00 per ad/week
Text sponsored links - $15/week
Synapse delivers fresh, intelligent coverage of campus news and events, entertainment and restaurant reviews, as well as a wide-range of feature stories, editorials and weekly columns, to the entire UCSF community. Thousands of students, postdocs, faculty, staff members, and visiting patients read Synapse weekly in print and online.
PRINT AD SPECS
The Synapse printed page is 10 inches wide (four columns) by 16 inches deep. Display columns are 2.5 inches wide.
The basic ad rate is $5 per column inch. To calculate total cost, take the actual height of the ad (in inches), multiply by the number of columns wide (1, 2, 3, or 4) and then multiply by $5. (see guide below)
Add a one-time $40 fee if we design the ad.
Display Ad Rate Guide
$5 per column inch:
- 1/16th page = 2 columns (5 inches) x 2" = $20 per ad
- 1/8th page = 2 columns (5 inches) x 4" = $40 per ad
- 1/4th page = 2 columns (5 inches) x 8" = $80 per ad
- 1/2 page = 4 columns (10 inches) x 8" = $160 per ad
- Full Page = 4 columns (10 inches) x 16" = $320 per ad
View the 2012-2013 publishing schedule.
To submit a Print display ad or a Web banner ad, please complete the following:
- Complete the online advertising request form (the form includes display ad rates and web banner rates).
- Ad requests must be made AT LEAST one week (on Thursday) prior to the publication date in which you want your ad to appear.
- Advertisers may prepay or be invoiced at the end of the month. Checks shoud be made out to Synapse and sent to: Synapse, 500 Parnassus Ave. MU108W, San Francisco, CA 94143-0376
SYNAPSE AD POLICY
Paid advertisements do not necessarily reflect the views of Synapse. Synapse and its editorial board reserve the right to decline advertisements promoting false or misleading claims, known health risks, or content deemed by the editors to be antithetical to the interests of UCSF students or the UCSF community. Synapse does not accept advertisements from tobacco or alcohol manufacturers, or sexually oriented personal ads. Synapse reserves the right to run any ad with a disclaimer.