Synapse delivers fresh, intelligent coverage of campus news and events, entertainment and restaurant reviews, as well as a wide-range of feature stories, editorials and weekly columns, to the entire UCSF community. Thousands of students, postdocs, faculty, staff members, and visiting patients read Synapse weekly in print and online.
Synapse is a free biweekly newspaper, produced primarily by UCSF students and staff. An average of 2,500 copies are distributed at racks around the Parnassus and Mission Bay campuses, as well as satellite sites such as Mt. Zion Hospital, Laurel Heights, Mission Center and S.F. General Hospital. Synapse is the primary news source for the UCSF community.
The Synapse printed page is 10 inches wide (four columns) by 16 inches deep. Display columns are 2.5 inches wide.
Display Ad Rate Guide
- 1/16th page = 2 columns (5 inches) x 2" = $25 per ad
- 1/8th page = 2 columns (5 inches) x 4" = $45 per ad
- 1/4th page = 2 columns (5 inches) x 8" = $90 per ad
- 1/2 page = 4 columns (10 inches) x 8" = $175 per ad
- Full Page = 4 columns (10 inches) x 16" = $350 per ad
Synapse is also available online at synapse.ucsf.edu. Web readership averages over 5,000 unique visitors per month
Banner Ad / Text Link Rate Guide
- 960 x 123 pixels (full top of page) = $100 per ad/week
- 468 x 60 pixels (partial top of page) = $60 per ad/week
- 210 x 117 pixels (right column) = $40 per ad/week
- Text sponsored links = $15 per ad/week
Ad space is limited, based on availability.
To submit a Print display ad or a Web banner ad, please complete the following:
- Complete the online advertising request form (the form includes display ad rates and web banner rates).
- Ad requests must be made AT LEAST one week (on Thursday) prior to the publication date in which you want your ad to appear.
- Payment must be recieved prior to ad placement.
View the 2014-2015 publishing schedule.
SYNAPSE AD POLICY
Paid advertisements do not necessarily reflect the views of Synapse. Synapse and its editorial board reserve the right to decline advertisements promoting false or misleading claims, known health risks, or content deemed by the editors to be antithetical to the interests of UCSF students or the UCSF community. Synapse does not accept advertisements from tobacco or alcohol manufacturers, or sexually oriented personal ads. Synapse reserves the right to run any ad with a disclaimer.