UCSF home page UCSF home page About UCSF Search UCSF UCSF Medical Center

3 Ingredient Recipes

Error message

• Notice: Undefined index: taxonomy_term in similarterms_taxonomy_node_get_terms() (line 518 of /var/www/html/sites/all/modules/similarterms/similarterms.module).
  • Notice: Undefined index: 0 in similarterms_list() (line 221 of /var/www/html/sites/all/modules/similarterms/similarterms.module).
  • Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in similarterms_list() (line 222 of /var/www/html/sites/all/modules/similarterms/similarterms.module).
Synapse's picture

By Ilka Felsen
Staff Writer

In embracing my grad student identity, I began a search of potluck-worthy recipes that I could afford and claim as my own.

Disclosure: friends, remember those muffins I “made” for our first-year BBQ? Yeah...but no. My roommate, with the eggs and cream of tartar, baked those for me to pawn off as my own. Iwasdesperateguys!

So what went wrong that afternoon before the BBQ? Why am I the one always signing up for the utensils and napkins?

Why do I avoid cooking from scratch?

Because I can’t afford the flour, sugar, vanilla, cream of tartar, baking soda and paking powder, milk and eggs that otherwise I don’t consume, powdered sugar and sprinkles, yeast, specialty nuts, and basically any ingredient that’s not a staple in my diet. For me, bringing in a batch of cookies is a $30 endeavor.

Here are the results of my quest. They have become my go-to recipes until I graduate.

CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE:

Ilka Felsen is a second-year physical therapy student.

Rate this article: 
0
No votes yet