humans

Humans of UCSF: Goodbye and Thank You

Sunday, September 25, 2016

“It's crazy to think this place has been my home for the past four years. So much learning and growth, as well as patient care, have been achieved in these cubicles. I saw my very last patient at UCSF Dental Clinic this past Thursday. Definitely bittersweet. Over the past two years, I've helped bring him to oral health, and he's shared with me his life stories, his favorite sushi restaurants, and his best yoga tips. As we said our goodbyes, he thanked me for my care and told me that I would make an amazing oral surgeon one day. That's honestly the best feeling in the world. And a reminder of why I chose to be in this profession. Thank you, UCSF, for everything.“

Kimiko Agari

School of Dentistry, D4

Humans of UCSF is a student-run photography and multimedia project aimed at showcasing the faces we see on campus. We want to paint a picture of the diverse experiences of the UCSF community and get a glimpse of our shared humanity. We would love to hear from you! Please reach out by emailing synapse@ucsf.edu to connect with a columnist.​