Clinic Offers Free Flu Shots
- Notice: Undefined index: taxonomy_term in similarterms_taxonomy_node_get_terms() (line 518 of /var/www/html/sites/all/modules/similarterms/similarterms.module).
- Notice: Undefined index: 0 in similarterms_list() (line 221 of /var/www/html/sites/all/modules/similarterms/similarterms.module).
- Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in similarterms_list() (line 222 of /var/www/html/sites/all/modules/similarterms/similarterms.module).
Get a flu shot and WIN a Timbuk2® Messenger Bag!
From Monday, September 30, to Monday, November 4, UCSF will be holding free drop-in flu shot clinics for all UCSF employees, students and volunteers. After each day that a clinic is held, those who have received a flu shot will be entered in a raffle, and one lucky person will win a Timbuk2® Messenger Bag.
The drop-in clinics will be at various UCSF locations including: Parnassus, Mount Zion, Mission Bay, Mission Center Building, Laurel Heights, China Basin, Executive Park, Beale Street, 3360 Geary and 2300 Harrison St. The UCSF flu shot drop-in clinics are part of an effort to protect staff, patients and the integrity of the UCSF workforce.
The UCSF flu shot policy requires that all UCSF Medical Center employees, staff, students and volunteers be vaccinated for the seasonal flu.
As required by state law, anyone who declines a flu shot must sign a declination form and wear a hospital-supplied mask while in areas where patients are seen, evaluated and treated. Declination forms will be made available in mid-November on the UCSF Occupational Health website.
Please visit the following site for more information on UCSF policy: http://manuals.ucsfmedicalcenter.org/AdminManual/IndividualPolicies/InfluenzaVaccination.pdf
The 2013 Flu Shot Drop-In Clinic schedule is available now at: http://occupationalhealthprogram.ucsf.edu/index.asp
- Everyone who receives a flu shot will be given a green sticker that must be placed on the front of his or her ID badge. Old stickers should be removed.
- Employees who received a vaccination outside UCSF must bring documentation to one of the flu shot clinics or Occupational Health Services (OHS) to receive a sticker. OHS will add this documentation to employees’ electronic health records.
For more information regarding the flu vaccine and CDC recommendations, please see the Centers for Disease Control website at www.cdc.gov.
For information about the flu shot program, please contact Occupational Health at (415) 885-7580, Option 1, or email email@example.com